Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How do you tell your spouse--

     How do you tell your spouse that he married eight of you, not just one? Jerry and I had been married three years. He knew about the incest--at least the single incident when I was 13 which was all I remembered at that point. When I found out I apparently had an alter I told him that, too. He didn't stiffen. He didn't recoil. He didn't laugh. He didn't argue or dismiss my words. He listened and he gave me a hug.
     The next day I e-mailed him at his office:


"Jerry, my love,
"Some things are coming up tied in to what Gail told me yesterday about 'alters.' Is it okay if I ask [the director of the prayer team we are part of] if I can be prayed for on one of those weekends when we were going to minister?
"I love you--so, SO much!
"Jessica (big and little)"

He wrote back:

"To My Big Love (and all my little loves),
"It sounds like a good idea to me. Can you be an intersessor and an intersessee (?) at the same time?
"BLB [Big Love Bird)"  

He accepted me with such casual calm, so matter-of-factly. I was barely accepting the fact of my own dividedness but he totally embraced it and me, even allowing that there might be more alters to be discovered and receiving them, too, ahead of time.

That acceptance has made it safe for the little ones to come out of the shadows, be known and get healed.

1 comment:

  1. he has no idea about me love lila she is not scared to tell himjust dont know how and maybe dont think its important but maybe it is? i dont know i feel so tired today.

    ReplyDelete