Sunday, September 4, 2011

Alexis

 
     On September 14, 2008, I discovered another alter. I wrote in my journal, "I lay awake most of the night. . . At first I thought it was the altitude, which led me to worry about my heart, then my lungs, then other aspects of my health, then death. I couldn't pray or praise or reason. If I started to get some kind of grip on one fear, my mind would leap to another.
     "Finally, toward morning I wondered into the void, Is there a part of me that's the worrier? And out of the emptiness came a name.

                                        Alexis

     "Alexis, I repeated. Immediately everything in me relaxed. I fell asleep.


     "This is five days later and all I know about Alexis, beside the fact that she worries, is that her color is lavender."

I like yellow, too.  I like flowers, purple and yellow flowers.  I think I am 13.  Pastels, straw hats, cream tea and scones.  Gardens. Sunsets.   Lace.  Butterflies.
                                        Alexis

     She loves purple and yellow together. Actually more like the indigo of irises and the gold of daffodils. She is artistic. She likes to print in tall letters with colored pencils but the pastels are so light I didn't think they would show up if I scanned them. Another time, she wrote:

                    Colored  leaves  and  narcissus.


     She may also go by the name Dierdre. Maybe even Iris, too. Is she divided?

     

No comments:

Post a Comment