Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not whole but healing (whole-ing?)

     When I told my counselor about the false teaching, deception, and cruelty on the part of the leadership of our church against its members, he asked, "Why don't you leave?"
     I said, "God has not released us to leave. He has told us to stay and stand, to bring the deeds of darkness into the light of His judgment.
     "Also," I said, "because the situation there parallels the one with my dad when I was little--abuse under color of authority--it has actually brought up memories and feelings and insights that are helping me get the healing I've been getting in here."
     Then he said, "All that is happening now could provide the motivation for all the parts to become whole, serve to bring about emotional, cognitive and spiritual wholeness. God can use even what's happening with the church to resolve basic splits."
     :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment