Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not my first choice

    "My Selves" isn't my first choice. That seems too much about me, as if there is a main me and I know who that is. Like one of us owns all the others.

     My first choice was Multiples of One. But that was already taken. There was no profile or picture of the author, just the initials "DMZ." There were only three short posts, all between 2004 and 2009, all putting himself down. (I guessed DMZ is male.) And nothing for the past two years. That made me sad.

     My second choice was Little Ones. But that was taken too, by someone named Robin. She (he) had one post on it, if you can call it that. Just ". . ." on January 24, 2003.

     My third choice was Mini Me. But that had been created in October, 2001. Across the top it read, "The Blessing: Mom was clearly agitated. She raised her bony finger as if she were going to poke my eyes out, and screamed, 'I hope you are blessed with one that is JUST LIKE YOU!' Well, guess what. I was. Twice."
     There were only four posts, all between October, 2001 and January, 2002, signed AfricanCichlids.net. This person may not be a multiple. Her "mini me's" are her children. But I liked her and wish she had written more. I tried to tell her that through the website but don't know if it reached her.)
     I know Cichlid's mother meant this "blessing" to be a curse but I hope it has turned out to be a blessing.

     My fourth choice was Many Me's. Two posts, in December 2002 and March 2003. The last one is only, "this is a test. . ." They are signed "Amanda" but there is no way to leave a comment.

     My fifth choice was My Selves. There is already a "This is myselves," set up in 2001 by someone named Ryan. All he has written is, "This is day one of my Journal. . ."

     Are these mostly anonymous people multiples? Multiples reaching out years ago with short, fractured appeals but getting no response, some of them providing no way to get a response? Are they okay? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi it's me. Let Lila post a comment. I hope she was not rude. She's a good girl but can get spunky. She's tough and wants to make sure everyone knows it. Lol

    Hugs

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi C! Hi Lila! Welcome! I hope we can have play dates here. No adults allowed--well, just enough supervision to keep us all safe!

    ReplyDelete